Hi, I’m Sabrina and I have psoriasis, read: very sensitive skin. So I am very cognizant of the skincare products and household cleaning products that we use on a daily basis. I am on a mission to “go green” and use chemical-free products in our house. And I’m starting with the laundry room.
Did you know that while some laundry detergents make your clothes smell as fresh as spring time flowers, “conventional laundry-care products often contain chemicals with negative health effects ranging from skin and throat irritation to carcinogenicity. In fact, the laundry room may be one of the more toxic areas in your home,” According to Mother Earth Living.
I don’t know about you but that made me want to reevaluate the products in my house. Especially living with sensitive skin and having little ones around.
That’s why I am excited to partner with Buckaroo Organics and share them with you. Even the tagline is what I look for in my products.
Organic, Simple, Safe. Inspired by love, Designed by Sensitive Skin
I am going to be super honest. I was very nervous to try a new product because of my psoriasis and sensitive skin. But I am on a mission to educate myself, and yall, on green living and really understand the products that we’re using on a daily basis.
I had no idea where to start in my home. Kitchen, living room, bathroom, kids room, laundry room. Because the laundry room was an after thought, I figured that’s the best place to start.
Buckaroo Organics has their Eco-home Makeover: helping to educate others on all of the dangerous chemicals in laundry rooms. Many people are not aware of poisons and toxins in laundry products and the affect on health. We want to change this!
How perfect is that?
So here’s where I’m starting:
In the Laundry Room
We have started using the Soapberry Suds Organic Laundry Detergent and the Wool Dryer Balls with 5 drops of the Organic Orange Essential Oil. I have to tell you, I love the feeling of knowing what is in the products that I’m using on my kids and for myself and husband. Bonus Points: for being able to pronounce ALL of the ingredients!
In the Bathroom
I have also started using the Mother Hen Organic Body Butter (how cute is that?) on my elbows, knees and stomach. These tend to be where my psoriasis flare ups happen the most and at random times. I’m also using the Tough As Nails Organic Skin Treatment on my kids scratches, bumps, insect bites, etc.
Results Thus Far
- Bathroom: I have seen a decrease in flakiness and itchiness on my elbows. The soreness has also decreased. Success! I’m seriously obsessed. I can actually feel my smooth skin again. Check out my Instastories Highlights under Psoriasis for more information and my reaction!
- Laundry room: No outbreaks thus far. Success! Clothes smell like orange blossoms. Success number 2.
How can you not like a company with this mission:
Organic, Simple and Safe for the whole family™.
- Organic: Ingredients that contain no toxins and no synthetic chemicals. We utilize certified organic and all natural ingredients.
- Simple: Simple ingredients with labels that are easy to understand, nothing more and nothing less than what is required.
- Safe: Carefully crafted products that are researched, designed and tested to be gentle and effective for families and the environment
Continue following my journey with Buckaroo Organics: Household Products for Sensitive Skin here and Follow me on Instagram. Stay tuned for a fun giveaway!
**I was provided these products by Buckaroo Organics, but all thoughts are my own.**