Your challenge today is to cook at home. This Honey-Glazed Salmon recipe is SUPER easy and extremely healthy for you. I found this recipe first on Pinterest from Damn Delicious but will put my own spin to it sometimes by using Italian seasoning or crushed red pepper in place of Thyme. I will also substitute agave syrup, if I don’t have honey on hand and regular vinegar in place of white wine vinegar.
That’s the best part of cooking at home. You can make it however you want with whatever ingredients you have!
- 1/4 cup of honey (or agave syrup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBsp olive oil
- 1 TBsp white wine vinegar (or any vinegar you have on hand)
- 1 TBsp fresh thyme leaves (or any of your favorite herbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 lbs of salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 mins. You can also cook on a grill as well.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa and veggies or on top a fresh salad with legumes and beans (garbanzo beans are my favorite!).
What will you be cooking tonight? Tell me below!